Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Observe. Analyze. Repeat.

This seems to be habit I have picked up. Or rather one I have just started to notice myself doing. So for now, I think I will ramble on about things that may or may not relate to the title.

While driving or in a parking lot:

Now let me guess what you are thinking. "Oh my gosh she's about to talk about cars AGAIN." Did I guess correctly? Well you don't to keep reading if you don't care. But if you do, you might gain some insight to how my brain works. Here we go:
     Any time I see a car I instantly start trying to draw connections. If it's like someone else's car I know, I will remember who they are and how I know them. It doesn't matter if I knew them a long time ago or not very well, I still know what their car looked like. Now that doesn't mean I'm a creepy stalker. I'm just observant of cars, not much else. If I have seen a person's car just one time, I will remember it.

ADD Moment: I just tried to use the tab button while typing this and it didn't work. Am I the only one? Luckily for me I know "Tab" = 5 spaces. 
     
     In addition to drawing connections, I mentally repair car if it has been in a wreck. I see which parts need replacement and what it would take to fix it. I also attempt to guesstimate how much that would all cost. Sometimes if I am in an extra creative mood, I'll try to figure out how the damage was sustained.

People watching:
     Is fun. Don't think I don't notice brands people wear, because I do. I can be very shallow. I get the feel for a town just by what people are wearing. For example, it is very easy to tell that Cleveland tends to be a rich, snooty town. Most people obsessed with the latest and greatest trends, myself included. But you go to another town and see that people are not wearing the same thing. Why? Because the town is probably not as affluent as Cleveland. I know these are just generalizations and you can't judge everyone by the same standard. It's just something I've noticed.

Boys:
     Are much less confusing when they are just your friends. It really makes life easier. Because this is what goes on in my head if the situation is otherwise. Beware, this gets personal.
         "Why do you like me? Really, why? You don't even know me that well at all. You have no idea that I can be witty because I'm pretty sure I'm quiet around you. You don't know that I can gleefully shred someone to pieces with my best friend via Skype. You know none of that. So no, I don't understand how you could possibly be attracted to me. It blows my mind. And do I like you? Well I haven't even decided. But I am certainly not going to be one of those girls who likes a boy just because he liked her first. That's not me at all."
End internal monologue.

Well you've made it through to the end. Hopefully it wasn't painless. But if it was, well you should probably be doing something better anyways. I know I should. So I shall end this and start studying for death on paper *cough* I mean finals.
~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment